What is Blueberry Web Template?
Building a modern web application? BBWT provides pre-built solutions for 20+ of the biggest problems you’ll face!
Let’s face it – building a modern web app from scratch is hard, and there are hundreds of choices to make – which JS framework, which GUI toolkit, which CI system, etc.
BBWT makes those decisions for you, and then gives you pre-built solutions for many of the biggest problems you’ll face.
Ordinarily, developing good-quality web applications can be very challenging:
- The technology platforms developers use to build systems are evolving extremely quickly, which gives developers limited time to polish their approach before having to start again.
- Security presents an increasing challenge – with new vulnerabilities emerging and developers constantly needing to change how they work to maintain robust security.
- Mobile platforms present another new set of costs – although people think that “responsive” technologies make this easy, in truth good mobile delivery requires significant extra work.
Our answer to these challenges is BBWT: a highly flexible development platform for building custom web and cloud applications, using powerful, well-supported, open-source core technologies: .NET Core, Angular and a choice of SQL Server/Windows or MySQL/Linux.
The result is a modern approach to accelerating development, since we don’t need to write code from scratch or waste time looking for possible miscalculations or bugs.
BBWT allows speed, accuracy and fast decision making. It includes a collection of pre-built modules, best programming practices and proven design styles which make it easier to create powerful and easy-to-use web applications based on Microsoft ASP.NET, C# and jQuery. These help to speed up development by eliminating discussion over the best ways to design the application.
The BBWT framework includes:
- Standard stylesheets and flexible menu system
- Strong, secure user authentication (including 2FA options)
- A comprehensive user permission management system
- Built in language localisation
- Customer and supplier portals
- Dynamic field validation
- Data import and export
- Document management and PDF generation
- Built-in support for problem reporting during testing
- A comprehensive set of coding and design guidelines for developers
BBWT also provides a large library of application features that can be slotted into the software, such as:
- Email harvester and synchronisation
- SMS integration
- To-Do lists and task management
- Sage and Xero accounts integration
- CRM functionality
- Audit logging
- Integration with Google, Bing, Amazon, eBay and many more APIs.
Blueberry’s platform is written in a very straightforward way to avoid the risk of lock-in, and we provide complete source code for BBWT, plus the appropriate license to use the code (permanent, transferable, royalty free). Furthermore, we have a special legal agreement that allows our customers to use BBWT for any purpose in the future.
If you think of building a web application as if you were building a house, then BBWT gives you the initial blueprints, plus quite a large chunk of the plumbing!
As well as laying the foundations for the application build, web template uses established software technologies including Angular JS, Bootstrap, Kendo UI, Microsoft OData and Microsoft SQL Server.
The Benefits of BBWT
Developing a web application can be a significant undertaking, especially if it’s intended to be a core feature of the business, possible for many years to come. With BBWT, there’s no risk of obsolescence. It’s based on widely available programming languages and components to avoid the risk of lock-in. These universal building blocks mean that any developer, anywhere can continue development work without risk of having to start over again.
For Blueberry, BBWT allows rapid project development because the building blocks of the project are already in place, so there’s no need for us to start from scratch. It includes a collection of pre-built modules, best programming practices and proven design styles which make it easier to create powerful and easy-to-use web applications based on Microsoft ASP.NET, C# and jQuery. These help to speed up development by eliminating discussion over the best ways to design the application.
This translates into lower development costs plus quicker completion, ensuring your delivery times are met and your budget remains intact.