Case Studies - PKF Cooper Parry
A Workflow Management System To Boost Business
3 developers, 1 manager
Angular JS, Kendo UI HTML framework, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft .NET framework
Blueberry built an intuitive, flexible, web-based workflow management system for accountancy firm, PKF Cooper Parry, which has helped the company meet demanding client needs and win new business.
PKF Cooper Parry, an award-winning UK accountancy firm serving the East Midlands, needed to replace its out-dated, cumbersome system that was holding their business back. One of their specialist areas – service charge accounting – works solely with property managing agents and landlords who are required to keep accounts detailing service charges which they receive from tenants, and how that money is managed and spent.
PKF Cooper Parry has several hundred of these clients, and the number of properties they look after total well into the thousands. Every single one of these properties needs their own set of accounts, which require annual certification and auditing.
The incumbent system was stifling the team’s ability to work effectively on a day-to-day basis and their opportunity to grow as a business. It was built on an old, inflexible Customer Relationship System, which made it extremely difficult to use and impossible to update with new features.
What was needed was a completely new system that could handle the complex rules around what different user roles could do in the system, whilst also being flexible enough to be easily extended should workflow patterns change in the future.
Within the 10 month development period, Blueberry analysed, designed, developed and delivered a state-of-the-art system that:
- Implements complex account management and preparation workflow processes in a flexible way – allowing workflows to be tailored to the needs of each client and applied across large property portfolios efficiently.
- Utilises a modern user interface framework, making it simple and intuitive to use.
- Seamlessly integrates with their existing reporting system.
- Includes customer-focused features such as Key Performance Indicator dashboards and daily email digests containing all relevant updates.
- Has the flexibility to support future enhancements as PKF Cooper Parry’s business needs change and evolve.
Since the system was implemented, feedback from the users have been hugely positive. It has enabled PKF Cooper Parry to significantly improve the efficiency of their account preparation, help individual accountants exceed their Key Performance Indicator targets and successfully pursue new business opportunities.