Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer
Blueberry Consultants Ltd is a highly technical, innovative and professional software development company. We design custom software systems for corporate and start-up clients and develop a range of software products which are sold worldwide across the Internet.
Owned and managed by developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value technical expertise and a pragmatic approach, but still have a strong interest in new software technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to recruit an experienced Systems Administrator to work within our team, reporting to the Managing Director. We are currently introducing automation of our key systems and are moving towards a DevOps model, so there is an opportunity for progression into DevOps.
The work is varied and technically challenging and includes supporting and automating a mixed infrastructure of Windows and Linux servers, mostly hosted within an Amazon Web Services environment.
The following are some of the systems currently in use within the company:
- Amazon Web Services – Including Aurora, Lambda, CloudFormation
- Office 365
- Jenkins / Gitlab
- SwitchVox – VOIP Phone System
- Zabbix / GrayLog / Graphana
- SQL Server / MySQL
- PFSense Routers
- SVN / Git
- Python / PowerShell / Ansible
- Strong core experience of Windows and Linux System Administration
- Specific experience of some of the core systems we use, such as Amazon, Exchange, Zabbix, OpenLDAP, SQL Server and, Networking.
- Some experience of automating systems using Python or PowerShell
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Good communication skills, both verbally and by email
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Join our systems administration team and take over responsibility for specific systems or groups of systems (supported by other technical staff within the company)
- Handle requests from team members for technical support, including server configuration
- Implement ongoing maintenance – e.g. server updates.
- In future, assist with the automation of Systems including software build systems
- Work with the Systems Administration Team and the MD to plan and implement upgrades and improvements to systems
Our company environment is informal but professional. The management structure is flat, there are no internal politics, and we strive to make our working environment as friendly and relaxed as possible.
The company has offices in Birmingham and Stroud plus a distributed workforce spread across the world. This position may be based at Blueberry HQ in Digbeth, Birmingham, or could potentially be a remote position.
More information on our company can be found at http://www.bbconsult.co.uk. We are happy to answer questions regarding this position which can be directed to email@example.com or by telephone to 0121 285 0100.
This is a full time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) with some room for flexibility as required. Systems Administrators do need to do out of hours support from time to time.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to do the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. or apply online using the website feature. Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews.
Applications will only be considered from people who are legally allowed to stay and work in the UK without restrictions or limitations.
Closing Date for Applications
As soon as the vacancy is filled.