Blueberry Consultants Ltd is a highly technical, innovative and professional software development company. We design custom software systems for corporate and start-up clients and develop a range of software products which are sold worldwide across the Internet.
Owned and managed by developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value technical expertise and a pragmatic approach, but still have a strong interest in new software technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to recruit a Systems Administrator to join our team of the UK based and remote system administrators, reporting directly to System Administration Manager.
We have a strong investment in AWS Cloud Services, and also use Azure. This position would suit a fast-learning Sysadmin looking to move to manage AWS / Azure servers.
We are currently introducing automation of our key systems and are moving towards a DevOps model, so there is an opportunity for progression into DevOps.
The following are some of the systems currently in use within the company:
Amazon Web Services – Including Aurora, Lambda, CloudFormation
Linux – mostly Ubuntu / Debian
Jenkins / Gitlab
3CX – VOIP Phone System
Zabbix / GrayLog
SQL Server / MySQL
SVN / Git
Python / PowerShell / Ansible
- Strong core experience of Windows and Linux System Administration
- Specific experience of some of the core systems we use, such as Amazon, MS 365, Zabbix, OpenLDAP, SQL Server – although we don’t expect all of these
- An understanding of network security issues
- Some experience of automating systems using Python or PowerShell ideally
Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Good communication skills, both verbally and by email.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Join our System Administration team and take over responsibility for specific systems or groups of systems (supported by other technical staff within the company)
- Handle requests from wider team members for technical support, including server configuration and new system setup on AWS, Azure
- Implement ongoing maintenance – e.g. server updates, network security improvements
- Assist with the process of automating internal systems, including build systems
- Work with the Systems Administration Team and the manger to plan and implement upgrades and improvements to systems.
Our company environment is informal but professional. The management structure is flat, there are no internal politics, and we strive to make our working environment as friendly and relaxed as possible.
The company has offices in Birmingham and Stroud plus a distributed workforce spread across the world. This position may be based at Blueberry HQ in Digbeth, Birmingham, or could potentially be a remote position.
More information on our company can be found at http://www.bbconsult.co.uk. We are happy to answer questions regarding this position which can be directed to [email protected] or by telephone to 0121 285 0100.
This is a full-time position. Work patterns are based around standard working weeks (Monday to Friday, between 8:30 am to 5:30pm) with some room for flexibility as required. Systems Administrators do need to do out of hours support from time to time.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to: [email protected] or apply online using the website feature. Further stages of selection may include telephone and/or in-person interviews.
Applications will only be considered from people who are legally allowed to stay and work in the UK without restrictions or limitations.