Blueberry Consultants Ltd is a highly technical, innovative and professional software development company. We design software systems for corporate clients and develop a range of software products which are sold worldwide across the Internet.
Owned and managed by ex-developers, the company has a very wide technical skills base and an entrepreneurial culture. We value low-level technical expertise and a pragmatic approach – but still have a strong interest in new technologies and approaches.
Blueberry is looking to take on a temporary full-time Assistant Accountant to cover Maternity Leave for 8 – 10 months to be responsible for the operational transactional processing duties for our three Companies – Blueberry Consultants, Blueberry Systems and Blueberry Software. We are looking for someone to work 37.5 hours a week, with a degree of flexibility.
Key Skills we are looking for:
- Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger – posting of invoices and credit notes, payments and receipts, and dealing with customer/supplier queries
- Nominal ledger – processing of nominal ledger transactions
- Credit control – chasing of overdue invoices
- Bank and credit card accounts – transaction processing and full reconciliation
- VAT – Preparation and submission of VAT returns and reconciliations
- Production of monthly cashflows
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register
- Ad hoc duties as directed
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Previous operational accounts experience is essential;
- A strong work ethic with an energetic approach with the ability to process high volumes and prioritise workload;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision and with a flexible and adaptable approach;
- Analytical and detail focused;
- A team player and good communicator;
- Proficient in the use of Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel ;
- Good working knowledge of VAT including ECSL, VAT MOSS, reverse charge, and standard accounting for VAT.
Our company environment is informal but professional. The management structure is flat, there are no internal politics, and we strive to make our working environment as friendly and relaxed as possible.
Our company environment is informal, makes strong use of email and is distributed around the Midlands. The company headquarters are based in Central Birmingham, – and the position will be a mix of office and home based. We have another office in Stroud, but this role will not require travelling to our Stroud office.
More information on our company can be found at http://www.bbconsult.co.uk. We are happy to answer questions regarding this position which can be directed to [email protected] or by telephone to 0121 285 6404.
Blueberry is committed to offering equal opportunities. We will pay no regard to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or marital status; and disability will be taken into account only insofar as it affects your ability to the job. If you have a disability, we will do our best to adapt premises and equipment to meet your needs, and to obtain help from any relevant government schemes.
How to Apply
Applicants for this position should send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected]. Further stages of selection may include telephone, video and/or in-person interviews.